Green Apple Fruit Cake

Posted by astriyani Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I have had this recipe for a long time, but I don't know where it came from. I didn't take note of where I got my recipes before I started blogging, so it is anybody's guess where it came from really. I adjusted the spices and fruit and measured the ingredients out in cups, to save time and I have to say that this is one great cake.

Green Apple Fruit Cake

200g butter ,softened
200g/ 1 ¼ cups demerara sugar
3 eggs , beaten
1 tbsp black treacle
200g/ 2 ½ cups self-raising flour, sieved
2 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder
2 eating apples , grated (I used Granny Smith's)
300g/ 2 cups mixed dried fruit



Heat the oven to 180c/ fan 160f/ gas 4. Line a 8 inch round cake tin with greaseproof paper or a greaseproof liner.

Beat together the butter, sugar, treacle, eggs, treacle, flour and spices until the mixture is pale and thick. I popped my mixture in my food processor.

Fold in the fruit and spoon the batter into the cake tin. Bake for around bake for 1 hour and 50 minutes until the cake is golden brown. Do the skewer test. If it comes out clean it is ready. I have made this cake 3 times and the timing has been a little different each time. This could be to do with how big the apples are. If you are using a 9 inch tin, you won't need to cook it quite so long.

Leave to cool slightly in the tin and then move onto a wire rack to continue cooling.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniDistributed by CahayaBiru.com

About Me

Twitter